Resources for Those Impacted By Abuse
Local Resources for immediate help:
- 211 San Diego. Dial: 211 or visit www.211.org (a resource and information hub that connects people with community, health and disaster services)
- Access & Crisis Line- 1-888-724-7420 (info. on mental health help)
- Behavioral Health Services– 316 25th St., San Diego. 619-445-6200
- Adult Outpatient Psychiatric Services – fees vary- call 619-543-6250
- SD County Child Welfare Services & Child Abuse Hotline (24 hours) 800-344-6000
- Imperial County Child Protective Services– 760- 337-7750
- SD County Adult Protective Services– 800-339-4661
Diocese of San Diego website for Victim Assistance and Safe Environments – safeinourdiocese.org
Diocese of San Diego Victim Assistance Coordinator – 858-490-8353, email@example.com.
Friends for the Journey – a local support group of those abused by clergy. Contact via Mary Acosta, 858-490-8353, firstname.lastname@example.org, to connect.
Spiritual Directors International. We are an inclusive, global learning community that advocates for and celebrates the service of spiritual direction, spiritual companionship, and spiritual guidance. Find local spiritual directors at https://www.sdicompanions.org/.
Not Alone – A Christ Centered Recovery Process for Women Who have Experienced Physical, Emotional or Sexual Trauma – San Diego based accompaniment. www.annemarierichardson.com
1 in 6.org If you’re a man who has experienced sexual abuse or assault, you’re not alone. We’re here to support you in your path to a happier, healthier future.
RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) for an excellent, comprehensive list of national resources.
The Healing Voices We are a dedicated group of survivors abused by clergy. Our mission is to reconcile our faith with the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual harm done to us. We wish to reach out to all who have suffered from any tragic event that has left your hearts broken and your faith shaken, just like ours. Together, we can raise our voices, tell our stories and provide healing information to help make our Church and society a better place for all. We invite you to join us on our collective healing journey.
Maria Goretti Network The Maria Goretti Network family reaches out to abuse victims, their families, and to those who support our recovery, with God’s love as witnessed in the life of Maria Goretti.
Men’s Rite of Passage retreats- Fr. Richard Rohr For most men, the question of what it means to be a man is perplexing. Most men have a longing for the support and guidance of other men in their journey towards masculinity, maturity, and a deeper experience with the divine. In ancient cultures, initiation rites and vision quests were used to help boys make the journey into adulthood. Opening the door to this journey can start with the Men’s Rites of Passage (MROP) retreat. This retreat can help awaken men to the adventure and mystery of their own masculinity, their deep spirituality, their potential for leadership, and their life’s purpose.
The ManKind Project The ManKind Project is men’s community for the 21st Century. MKP is a nonprofit training and education organization with three decades of proven success hosting life-changing experiential personal development programs for men. MKP supports a global network of free peer-facilitated men’s groups and supports men in leading lives of integrity, authenticity, and service.
Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis online support groups for those abused by clergy as children, as adults, and for family members. Contact Paula Kaempffer, Outreach Coordinator, 612-231-5481, email@example.com.
- Stations of the Cross for Healing from Clergy Sexual Abuse: English – Español
- USCCB Rosary for Healing and Protection: English – Español
- Prayer for Healing Victims of Abuse (United States Conference of Catholic Bishops)
- A Prayer for Releasing Trauma from the Mind, Body and Spirit
Books for Healing and Personal Growth (Diocese of San Diego Victim Assistance Coordinator may have these books to lend, otherwise they can be found online easily)
- Veronica’s Veil: Spiritual Companionship for Survivors of Abuse: A Guide for Integrated Faith with Recovery- by T. Pitt Green
- When a Man You Love Was Abused- by Cecil Murphey
- Hurting in the Church- A Way Forward for Wounded Catholics- by Fr. Thomas Berg
- Not Alone Christ Centered Recovery Process for Women Who have Experienced Physical, Emotional or Sexual Trauma- by Anne Richardson
Struggles with Porn/Purity/Sexual Health:
- Clean Heart Online
- Fight the New Drug
- Integrity Restored
- USCCB Create in Me a Clean Heart Series
- Fortify – Quit Porn for Good
- Reclaim Sexual Health
- Internet Accountability & Filtering- CovenantEyes
For other resources for families, youth groups and parishes see Safeinourdiocese.org
May God bless you on your journey toward health, wholeness, healing and faith.